On some days, my life fits in very well with a 90’s Hindi pop album song. I haven’t had time to review this semester. I blinked and June and July were merged and Meta Schools began and ended. Metonym begins next week and I’m yet to blink a second time. But here are a couple of things that I am thinking about now:
- Construction is in full force outside and I feel tired all the time that I spend outside classes.
- I’m unable to sleep for more than 5 hours. I feel old already. And when I do sleep, I dream the strangest dreams.
- I covered three events for The Open Dosa and have enjoyed going to events since. I love reporting — more than writing personal essays and even short stories. This is something I thought I’d never say.
- Adichie, Ambedkar, and Anne Lamott are keeping me sane.
- Mansplainers are on the rise and I’m glad that this online dictionary thing that my WordPress has suddenly found recognizes the word.
- I seem to have lost the taste for chai. Is there anything worth living for now? I don’t know.
- Teaching is becoming more and more interesting.
- I am becoming more and more unsocial.
- Teeth problems are serious. Don’t get a root canal unless you are in too much pain.