- Loving this SRK reel where he talks about Saroj Khan whacking his head for complaining that there was too much work. She told him that as an artist he shouldn’t complain when there is work because not having work is a bigger and more real problem.
- The ability to breathe well is everything.
- Silence is a reasonable response to women who perform male supremacy. Pointing it out is exhausting.
- For my sister’s wedding, I wore a red chikankari kurta, the grandest set I own. Guests kept asking me when I was going to get ready.
- I want to watch Farzi everyday.
- Law is sexy. Reading it as literature is sexier.
- I vaguely wondered if I would be taken seriously if I combed my hair more often. Then I told myself to fuck off so I stopped wondering.
- Wondering is a reliable word.
- Thinking about long and lazy lunches with women I adore makes me less bitter.
- Poetry has all the answers.
- This kept me up last night:
One thought on “Postcard from today VII (dedicated to Naziti)”
Thank you so much Ma’am 😭
LikeLiked by 1 person